Once the offer to purchase has been accepted by all parties, your lawyer will begin collecting the necessary documents to process the transaction. They will ask for the offer to purchase papers and other information from your lender and Realtor.
Then, will start your file and gather the additional necessary documents. They will then help by: – Ensuring there are no liens on the property
– Checking with the land title office
– Arranging for mortgage transfers (if applicable)
– Obtaining tax information for the property
– Arranging for a property survey
– Collecting paperwork from your home insurance company
After this has been completed, your lawyer will submit all the required registration and transfer paperwork. Also, request the transfer of any funds held in trust so you can take possession of the property right away on your possession date